Transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Sadio Mane’s move to Bayern Munich is “getting closer”.
Just days from Liverpool’s agonising Champions League final defeat, it was revealed that one of their key men was looking to move elsewhere, as The Telegraph revealed that Mane had rejected the chance to sign a new deal and was seeking an exit this summer.
With Bayern’s leading marksman Robert Lewandowski also set to depart during the transfer window, the German giants are interested in the Senegalese winger, but the Reds have rebuffed their advances so far.
They turned down an initial offer of £25m, before a second proposal of £23.5m upfront and £6.5m in add-ons – which included Bayern winning the Champions League as well as Mane lifting three Ballon d’Or awards – was dismissed, but Romano is expecting a third bid and insists an agreement is close.
Would you be worried if Mane was sold?
Speaking on his YouTube channel, he said: “The position of the player has not changed.
“Bayern already had two bids refused by Liverpool for Sadio Mane, but from what I’m told today [Sunday], Bayern are preparing a new bid for Sadio Mane and the feeling around the deal is that the positions of Bayern and Liverpool in the negotiations are getting closer and closer.
“Bayern are really close to completing the signing of Sadio Mane.”
TIF Thoughts on Mane leaving Liverpool…
It does seem as though Jurgen Klopp and company are going to squeeze all they can out of this deal as they prepare for life without one of their star men.
The news that Darwin Nunez’s £85m switch is all but done will soften the blow of losing Mane and it should speed up negotiations between the two clubs, but his loss will be certainly felt at Anfield considering he has scored 120 times in Liverpool colours.