There is a 50/50 chance that Tottenham Hotspur and Sweden winger Dejan Kulusevski will play before the break for the World Cup.
That is the opinion of injury expert Ben Dinnery, who was speaking on Thursday evening’s upload of FPL injuries, ahead of this weekend’s Premier League fixtures.
Kulusevski has not played for Tottenham since the side’s 6-2 victory over Leicester City in the middle of September.
The 22-year-old picked up a hamstring injury when on international duty with Sweden at the end of September and has struggled to make a return for Antonio Conte’s side.
And with only two games remaining until the break for the World Cup later this month, Dinnery says there’s a 50% chance Kulusevski plays for the club ahead of the tournament, with the wide man being back out on the training pitches.
We have seen Kulusevski back on the training pitches,” Dinnery said on FPL injuries (05:58).
“But, given the fact that he’s already had one re-injury or recurrence of a hamstring problem, there are no guarantees with that.
“So it’s 50/50 whether he can play it again before the break.”
TIF Thoughts on Dinnery’s comments…
We think that Tottenham fans would be frustrated if Kulusevski, who has previously been dubbed as an “absolute monster” by journalist Nima Tavallaey Roodsar, is unable to play in either of Spurs’ two Premier League fixtures ahead of the break.
The on-loan Juventus man has been an impressive figure since signing for the Lilywhites on a loan to buy deal back in January, scoring six goals and providing 11 assists in 29 appearances in all competitions, according to Transfermarkt.
However, due to his importance to the side, we think it is vital that Conte and Spurs don’t rush the winger back, to avoid exacerbating his current hamstring injury.