Leicester City

Exclusive: Windass believes Rodgers would be an unbelievable fit for Newcastle

Image for Exclusive: Windass believes Rodgers would be an unbelievable fit for Newcastle

Former Premier League player Dean Windass believes that Brendan Rodgers would be an unbelievable fit for Newcastle.

Following the takeover of the club by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund who will own 80 per cent of the club and the Reuben Brothers and broker Amanda Staveley splitting the remaining 20 per cent according to the Telegraph, they are looking for a new manager for the first team.

Newcastle and Steve Bruce parted ways earlier this week, with Graeme Jones taking caretaker charge of the team until a permanent appointment is found. Jones has also confirmed to Sky Sports that he has been asked to take charge of the next two matches by the owners, the first of which was the 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace.

Would you like Brendan Rodgers as the next Newcastle manager?





With the Magpies searching for a new manager, Windass believes that Brendan Rodgers, who was praised by Toon legend Alan Shearer in 2019, would be an ideal candidate for the job, telling This is Futbol: “When I heard the rumours, obviously going to Newcastle, I thought it’s an unbelievable fit.”

Whilst with the Foxes, Rodgers has led them to FA Cup glory and also picked up the Community Shield at the start of this campaign.

Whilst being linked with the Newcastle job,  Sky Sports News reported that they understood he had no interest in talking to Newcastle about taking over from Steve Bruce at St James’ Park, and that he is happy at Leicester and thinks he can achieve much more with his current squad.

Share this article