Andrew Davis, who is a radio host in the UAE, recently caught the attention of many Newcastle United fans after he posted a tweet claiming that an announcement concerning the takeover of the Toon is set to take place this Wednesday “according to Middle East sources”.
Davis doesn’t cite a specific source to back up his claim and many of the Newcastle United supporters who have been responding to his tweet have shared some scepticism about this statement, with one Magpies fan sharing some screenshots, which allegedly show some examples of previous occasions when Davis falsely claimed that this takeover announcement was imminent.
Read the reactions of some Newcastle fans to Davis’ latest post about this takeover announcement in the tweets below.
According to #MiddleEast sources there is due to be a #nufc #nufctakover announcement on Wednesday.
The June 1st had been pushed forward last week, but if anything changes I’ll update as and when but this Wednesday is what I’ve been told to watch out for.
— Andrew Davis (@andrew14ad) May 24, 2020
Stop telling lies
— Ben Trotter (@BenTrotter8) May 24, 2020
Hi , could you explain why your source being wrong last few times first ?
— King (@KingForToon) May 24, 2020
Fourth time’s a charm, right Andy? pic.twitter.com/yEYw7XHYFV
— ??? ????????’? ???? ???? ? (@LeesLostSoul) May 24, 2020
Do you think that Andrew Davis is lying?
Think Andrew is looking for attention again!
— Lewis grant (@Lewisgr22896050) May 24, 2020
Impossible. Richard master only just said the test isnt complete. Still need a few days to money transfer. Wont be this week #nufc
— Rog1986 (@R_N_Rodge86) May 24, 2020
Grade A clown
— Jonny (@jonnygrant31) May 24, 2020
Give it a rest pal
— Ryan (@RyanSeaton_5) May 24, 2020
Yea ok…..believe it when its on that skysports yellow band!
— Travis Adams (@Travisadams) May 24, 2020
What do we think?
Considering that he doesn’t cite a specific source, in addition to the fact that one Magpies fan has shared some screenshots of other occasions where Davis has falsely claimed that this takeover was all set to be announced, it may be wise for these Newcastle supporters to take Davis’ claim with a pinch of salt.