According to London Evening Standard, Shakhtar Donetsk forward Alex Teixeira has confirmed that Chelsea have made an offer for his services; whilst Gazzetta World report that Manchester City have seen a €40million bid rejected for Juventus full-back Alex Sandro.
Shakhtar’s Teixeria is enjoying quite the season at the Donbass Arena, scoring 22 goals in 21 appearances across all competitions including three strikes in the Champions League’s Group Stages.
Last month, the 25-year-old told reporters that he’d received an offer from Premier League champions Chelsea, declaring; “I have an offer. It was a pleasure to know that Chelsea wants to sign me. It would be great if the transfer already happens in January.”
And according to London Evening Standard, the Brazilian, who is valued at around £30million, has reiterated that message once again. Speaking to Brazilian publication Lance, he said; “What I saw and what my agent said was that Chelsea, Juventus and PSG have made proposals. But Chelsea and Juventus are deeper in the negotiations. They are three big clubs. Where I go, I’ll be happy.
“[The Premier League] is my dream. I’m happy to get a proposal from Chelsea, a big club in Europe, but my agent takes care of it. For January, I believe it is very difficult to leave because it is in the middle of the championship. Shakhtar told me they will not release me in January; only at the end of the season. But I’m with a clear head.”
Meanwhile, Manchester City have reportedly seen a €40million bid rejected for Teixeira’s countryman Alex Sandro.
The Citizens were courting the left-back during the summer as his contract with FC Porto entered its final year, but their delay in hoping to sign him on a free transfer in 2016 paved the way for a €26million move to Juventus instead.
The Brazil international has impressed for the Old Lady despite starting the season as understudy to Patrice Evra, averaging 1.8 interceptions, 2.7 created chances and 1.7 successful dribbles per match in Serie A. He claimed an assist against Manchester City in the Champions League on Wednesday night and the expert display allegedly convinced the Premier League title hopefuls to table a €40million bid immediately after the final whistle.
Despite it representing a significant markup on an investment Juve made just a matter of months ago, sporting director Giuseppe Marotta rejected the offer outright, insisting the 24-year-old would not be allowed to leave Turin anytime soon.
November 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm
chelsea need the super striker like him teixes please let him make he possible to join chelsea in january transpfer
Comments are closed.